Healthy Vending Has Serious Benefits
But did you know that there are tangible benefits for organizations that offer programs and support for healthier lifestyles? It’s true! According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), businesses that promote healthy lifestyles will witness increased productivity, reduced “absenteeism” and may even experience a reduction in employee pool insurance costs and workers compensation costs. If the CDC isn’t good enough for you, a quick check of Google for the term “business benefits of promoting healthy lifestyles” will return over 17Million results, so you can take your pick of resources.
What You Probably Didn’t Know About Promoting Healthy Lifestyles
The statistics surrounding promoting healthy lifestyles are easy to find and generally easy to grasp. But one of the biggest benefits of promoting healthy lifestyles in your organization has only recently become apparent: Increased morale. Smart organizations know that happy employees and happy consumers are more productive and tend to exhibit greater loyalty. They also report experiencing lower stress, and that takes us right back to fewer illnesses and fewer absences. You see, it’s not merely the availability of healthier options that make the difference, it’s the new perception that your organization cares and invests in its people.
Healthy Vending = Promoting Healthy Lifestyles!
There are many ways to promote healthier lifestyles but our Healthy Vending Program should be at the top of your list. Why? Because organizations that choose the promote and focus on healthier products also have a habit of “displacing” less-healthy products.
Taking Healthy Vending Further
Total Vending is not just your source for healthy products for your on-site vending machines and micro-markets. Our staff will work with you to help you promote healthier lifestyles in your workplace. From on-site food and diet education programs to delivering information on community-based healthy lifestyle events and programs, such as 5K races and local healthy cooking and education programs, our team will work with your team to make sure that you’re getting the most you can out of your healthy lifestyle promotions in your organization.
Overview of potential benefits of workplace health programs to employers and employees
- Lower health care and disability costs
- Enhanced employee productivity
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Decreased rates of illness and injuries
- Enhanced corporate image
- Improved employee morale
- Improved employee recruitment and retention
- Increased organizational commitment and creation of a culture of health
- Increased well-being, self-image, and self-esteem
- Improved coping skills with stress or other factors affecting health
- Improved health status
- Lower costs for acute health issues
- Lower out of pocket costs for health care services (e.g., reduced premiums; deductibles; co-payments)
- Increased access to health promotion resources and social support
- Improved job satisfaction
- Safer and more supportive work environment